Cork Congress 2017
Date: 31st March to 2nd April 2017.
This is an annual tournament with 3 sections – 1600+, 1200-1600 and U1200.
€3000 in prizes, this may go up or down depending on entries.
Venue: Gresham Metropole Hotel
Address: McCurtain Street, Cork City.
Phone: +353 21 450 8122
Tournament Controller: Simon Lawrence
Phone: +353 879 557 226
Address: 6 Ard Dara Crescent, Station Road, Blarney, Co. Cork.
Postal Entries: If entering by post, send a cheque or postal order for €35 to the above address do not send cash. Cheques should be made payable to Cork Chess Club.
Online Entries: You can enter online here.
Surcharge: Entries taken after Sunday the 26th of March will have a surcharge of €10 added.
Format: Six Round Swiss System for all players
Masters Over 1600 All moves 90 minutes + 15 Seconds/Move
Majors 1200-1600 All moves 90 minutes + 15 Seconds/Move
Minors Under 1200 All moves 90 minutes + 15 Seconds/Move
Start times: R1 will be Friday 8pm / R2 will be Saturday 9.30am / R3 2pm / R4 6.30pm / R5 Sunday 9.30am / R6 2pm
- Players may request to play up a section but the final decision is at the discretion of the tournament controller and director
- This will also apply to players where the rating is unclear and they maybe entered in a higher section. Again this is at the discretion of the tournament controller & director.
- Players will be advised of decisions as far in advance as is practical.
- Irish players must be members of the ICU. Acceptance of entry at the discretion of the organising committee in the event of any queries
- Smoking is not allowed in Irish hotels
See this blog from tournament winner Dejan Bojkov GM !!