Cork Congress 2019
Date: 4th to 6th October 2019.
Enter online here.
Download the tournament flyer here: Cork Congress 2019 Flyer
This is an annual tournament with 3 sections – 1600+, 1200-1600 and U1200.
Venue: The Metropole Hotel Cork
Address: McCurtain Street, Cork City.
Phone: +353 21 450 8122
Special B&B accommodation rate available for congress attendees – €119 per night single & €129 per night double/twin – mention the congress when booking.
Address: 42 Cúirt Mhuirfean, Montenotte, Corcaigh T23 FN8X
Postal Entries: If entering by post, send a cheque or postal order for €40 to the above address do not send cash. Cheques should be made payable to Cork Chess Club.
Online Entries: You can enter online on the ICU website icu.ie/events/1155
Surcharge: Entries taken after Sunday the 30th of September will have a surcharge of €10 added.
Format: Six Round Swiss System for all players
Masters Over 1600 All moves 90 minutes + 15 Seconds/Move
Majors 1200-1600 All moves 90 minutes + 15 Seconds/Move
Minors Under 1200 All moves 90 minutes + 15 Seconds/Move
Start times: R1 will be Friday 8pm / R2 will be Saturday 9.30am / R3 2pm / R4 6.30pm / R5 Sunday 9.30am / R6 2pm / Prize-giving Sunday 6pm
- Players may request to play up a section but the final decision is at the discretion of the tournament controller and director
- This will also apply to players where the rating is unclear and they maybe entered in a higher section. Again this is at the discretion of the tournament controller & director.
- Players will be advised of decisions as far in advance as is practical.
- Irish players must be members of the ICU. Acceptance of entry at the discretion of the organising committee in the event of any queries.
- Smoking is not allowed in Irish hotels.
See this blog from tournament winner Dejan Bojkov GM !!