Cork Congress 2017
Cork Congress 2017 now on!
Details each round are being uploaded to the ICU website.
Follow the two live boards.
Date: 31st March to 2nd April 2017.
Online entry now closed. You can still enter up to 7pm on the day of the congress in person or by telephone at the late entry rate of €45.
This is an annual tournament with 3 sections – 1600+, 1200-1600 and U1200.
€3000 in prizes, this may go up or down depending on entries.
Venue: Gresham Metropole Hotel
Address: McCurtain Street, Cork City.
Phone: +353 21 450 8122
Tournament Controller: Simon Lawrence
Phone: +353 879 557 226
Address: 6 Ard Dara Crescent, Station Road, Blarney, Co. Cork.
Postal Entries: If entering by post, send a cheque or postal order for €35 to the above address do not send cash. Cheques should be made payable to Cork Chess Club.
Online Entries: You can enter online here.
Surcharge: Entries taken after Sunday the 26th of March will have a surcharge of €10 added.
Format: Six Round Swiss System for all players
Masters Over 1600 All moves 90 minutes + 15 Seconds/Move
Majors 1200-1600 All moves 90 minutes + 15 Seconds/Move
Minors Under 1200 All moves 90 minutes + 15 Seconds/Move
Start times: R1 will be Friday 8pm / R2 will be Saturday 9.30am / R3 2pm / R4 6.30pm / R5 Sunday 9.30am / R6 2pm
- Players may request to play up a section but the final decision is at the discretion of the tournament controller and director
- This will also apply to players where the rating is unclear and they maybe entered in a higher section. Again this is at the discretion of the tournament controller & director.
- Players will be advised of decisions as far in advance as is practical.
- Irish players must be members of the ICU. Acceptance of entry at the discretion of the organising committee in the event of any queries
- Smoking is not allowed in Irish hotels
See this blog from tournament winner Dejan Bojkov GM !!